St. Mary's Catholic Church & Cemetery, Nobleton
The village takes its name from Joseph Noble, an early colonist of the town, and local tavern keeper.
Nobleton was first established in 1812, primarily based on its location mid-way between King City and Bolton on the east-west route, and Kleinburg and Schomberg on the north-south route. Taverns and hotels were built to serve travellers, and general stores and a post office were built to serve the novice businesses.
The slow urbanization of Nobleton started in the 1950s and the 1960s, with expansion of portions of the village's southwest. Housing developments began in the northern part of the village in the 1990s and 2000s.