Rosedale was first settled in the 1820’s by Sheriff William Jarvis and his wife, Mary. Mary loved riding her horse through the hillsides and she named this area Rosedale after all the roses that grew wildly throughout this area.
In 1864, the Jarvis Family sold their property in Rosedale and soon, development of this area began. The development began in south Rosedale and moved north in 1909 when a bridge was built over the Park Drive ravine. The development of Rosedale happened slowly with most of the houses in the area being built in the 20s and 30s.
In 2000, Rosedale Main Street was established as a Business Improvement Area (BIA). In 2003, south Rosedale was denoted as a heritage conservation district and in 2005, north Rosedale was granted this status as well.
Today, Rosedale is a very pretty neighbourhood of Toronto with cute, winding streets lined with trees, classic old homes as well as many high-end shops and restaurants.