Among the varied land routes to the shores of Lake Simcoe, Yonge Street and its back concessions were perhaps most often chosen by travellers in the early days. "Queen Street", now Leslie Street, was one of these tracks. It had also attracted a large group of Quakers who formed the community of Sharon and later suggested the settlement of another community to the north. The establishment of a school and post office was followed by the attachment of a bank, hotels, various churches, several shops as well as a flour and grist mill. Originally known as Hackett's Corners but changed to Queensville in 1843.