Robert John Turner and his family were the first people to settle in Hillcrest Village in the 1840s. They built their home at Christie and Davenport and by the 1880s, a small town had started to grow around the Turner family home. This little village as well as the Turner family estate became known as Bracondale Village. In 1909, Bracondale Village was annexed by the city of Toronto. Eventually, the Turner family estate was subdivided by the family and it was renamed Bracondale Hill Park.
Today, Hillcrest Village is a quiet Toronto neighbourhood that is conveniently and centrally located, close to downtown Toronto as well as close to Toronto’s public transit.