The Stonegate-Queensway started as a small farming community in the late 1800's.
One of the few signs of the neighbourhood's rural past is the little, white, stucco cottage that sits in an old farmer’s field at 694 Royal York Road.
In 1912, the urbanization of The Queensway led to the establishment of the two-room Queensway Public School. This school was expanded in 1923 and again 1948.
After a long period of growth, the community experienced a decline in population during the 1960's which led to the closing of the Queensway Public School in 1969.
The former Queensway School was demolished in the 90s to make room for the massive Price Club retail complex south of the Queensway at Taymall Avenue.
The Price Club, like the school before it, has become a landmark in Queensway and has helped to revitalize the neighborhood.