Dairy inspection  etobicoke 1958

100 Years Commemorated

Posted on Jan 27, 2016
One of the last areas with operating farms in Toronto, it wasn't until 1968 that Centennial Park was completely urbanized....
Read more
Downtown oakvillethe oakville basket factory

The Industrial History of Downtown Oakville

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
In 1793, Dundas Street was assessed for a military road. In 1805, the Legislative Assembly of Upper Canada bought the...
Read more
Erchless estate

A Passageway for Freedom Seekers

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
In 1827 William Chisholm obtained the area surrounding the waterways. The home and business of the Chisholm family for six...
Read more
The west toronto diamond in january 1975

Building Foundations on Railway Crossings

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
The Junction assumes its name from two native trails which crossed in the area prior to European settlement. The name...
Read more
Thistletown  late 1960s

The History of Thistletown

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
100 acres on the north side of the West Humber River, lies Thistletown. In 1845-46 Grubb purchased Lot 33 of...
Read more
The queen elizabeth way facing west towards the future bronte road interchange in 1959.

The Fishing Village of Bronte

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
Founded in 1834, Bronte began as a small fishing village at the mouth of Twelve Mile Creek. The name Bronte...
Read more
Burlington history

Burlington: A Booming Farming Town

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
Burlington started to grow into the city that it is today in 1939, when the Queen Elizabeth Way was opened....
Read more
Mcr13rn01 fig9 resized

The History of Georgetown

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
In 1781, the British government purchased parts of land from the Mississauga Nation. The assignment of laying out the townships...
Read more
Acton ontario from the air  hs85 10 36349

Leathertown

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
Acton was established in 1825 by the Rev. Ezra, Rev. Zenas and Rufus Adams. Before it became accepted as Acton...
Read more
 downtown  burlington   1877 resized

The History of Downtown Burlington

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
In 1669 well-known French explorer Rene Robert Cavalier, Sieur de La Salle landed where La Salle Park is now stationed....
Read more
Brown s wharf  aldershot  1916 resized

The Fiercely Independent Spirit of Aldershot

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
This old unincorporated village was formerly a part of East Flamborough Township until it was annexed by the City of...
Read more
Aerial photograph of the town of weston  1942

Small Town Ontario in Toronto

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
In the 1790's Weston was a tiny hamlet known simply as "The Humber". The area rich timber resources and the...
Read more
Aerial view of the kodak campus in mount dennis in 1917.

The Dennis Family Heritage

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
Mount Dennis is named after John Dennis, a Loyalist shipbuilder from Philadelphia who settled on a farm in the early...
Read more
Early morning milking  near credit forks  caledon  ontario.1917 watercolour   gouache on watercolour board

History of Caledon

Posted on Oct 26, 2015
Caledon’s first settlers were gold diggers who hoped to find riches in the Niagara Escarpment and Oak Ridges Moraine mountains...
Read more
Honestedsfirstsign resized

Honest Ed's Mirvish

Posted on Jan 28, 2016
In 1948 Ed Mirvish opened a landmark discount store on the corner of Bloor and Bathurst Streets. In 1952 Mirvish...
Read more

View all Real estate

Mercer island waterfront estate 1

May 2016: Massive Surge in Luxury Real Estate Demand in Georgina

Posted on Jun 9, 2016
Continuing the conclusions from last month’s report, higher-end and luxurious properties have played a consistent role in Georgina’s Spring Market....