Parkdale canoe club boathouse  1888

A Former Elite Neighbourhood

Posted on Feb 9, 2016
Parkdale is a neighbourhood of Toronto that has a very interesting history. In the late 1800s, Parkdale was actually an...
Read more
Don valley parkway at todmorden mills and brickworks  looking south west 1964  1972

Reminiscent of Todmorden

Posted on Feb 9, 2016
Pape Village was formerly known as Todmorden and it was named by one of the first settlers to the area,...
Read more
Signage  long branch race track  1930 1950

A Wooded Summer Getaway

Posted on Feb 9, 2016
Originally a primarily wooded area and summer home to loyalist Colonel Samuel Smith, Long Branch first started being developed until...
Read more
Dufferin street looking south from south side dundas street

The Portuguese Community

Posted on Feb 9, 2016
Little Portugal is a community of Toronto in which many Portuguese people settled in the mid-1900s. Many small, two storey...
Read more
Palmerston avenue and harbord street  july 17  1914

Italian and international flavour

Posted on Feb 9, 2016
Little Italy gets its name from the many Italian families that settled along College Street and its surrounding residential community...
Read more
Liberty village looking east from above 1980 1998

Liberty Street

Posted on Feb 9, 2016
In the mid-1800s, Liberty village was a very industrial area of Toronto. Many factories and industrial building were built here...
Read more
Hillcrest park  october 17  1913

The Bracondale House

Posted on Feb 9, 2016
Robert John Turner and his family were the first people to settle in Hillcrest Village in the 1840s. They built...
Read more
High park catfish pond   north from centre road  february 18  1913

Upon a high perch

Posted on Feb 9, 2016
High Park received its name from Toronto’s first surveyor, John Howard. In 1836, he purchased the area of High Park...
Read more
1975 1988

Stuck in the middle

Posted on Feb 8, 2016
In the past, Harbord Village was often been referred to as Sussex-Ulster or the South Annex, the later mainly due...
Read more
Aerial views of forest hill area  showing area north of lonsdale rd. and west of dunvegan rd.  june 1935

A Summer Home Getaway

Posted on Feb 8, 2016
Formerly known as Spadina Heights, Forest Hill was named after the summer residence of John Wickson. He built his summer...
Read more
Fairbank area  york township  1911

The History of Fairbank

Posted on Feb 8, 2016
Fairbank Village was very much a rural hamlet until the late 1800’s when the Belt Line Railway station was opened...
Read more
Home of w.o. duncan  woodbridge road  emery  north york twp  after 1900

Along the Humber River

Posted on Feb 8, 2016
Formerly known as Dayton, Emery Village was once a small, farming hamlet that slowly extended out from the crossroads of...
Read more
St. clair avenue west from dufferin street  july 19 1912

The Heart of the Italian Community

Posted on Feb 8, 2016
Formerly a part of Earlscourt, Corso Italia was originally an area where a lot of British people first settled. In...
Read more
Church street widening  near wellesle  july 2 1929

The Diversity of Church and Wellesley

Posted on Feb 8, 2016
The history of the Church Wellesley Village all started with a man named Alexander Wood. He bought the land that...
Read more
Baby point gate

The Baby Family

Posted on Feb 8, 2016
Baby Point is a neighbourhood that was named after James Baby, one of the first European settlers to come to...
Read more

View all Real estate

Mercer island waterfront estate 1

May 2016: Massive Surge in Luxury Real Estate Demand in Georgina

Posted on Jun 9, 2016
Continuing the conclusions from last month’s report, higher-end and luxurious properties have played a consistent role in Georgina’s Spring Market....