The documented history of the Kingsview Village area dates back to the 1850's.
The first settler in this area was Thomas Madill who owned a farm on the north side of Dixon Road.
torn down in 1973, the Madill farmhouse was a storey and a half dwelling constructed of fieldstone.
The present day Kingsview Village neighbourhood was developed during the late 1950's and the early 1960's.
The small brick entrance pillars for the Kingsview Village subdivision can be seen on the west side of Islington Avenue at Kingsview, St. Andrews and St. Georges Boulevards.
The letter "K" is inscribed on the face of one pillar and the letter "V" is inscribed on the other two pillars . These inscriptions stand for Kings-View-Village.