A Changing Melody
The Alzheimer Society Waterloo Wellington, in partnership with the Murray Alzheimer Research and Education Program - MAREP and the Alzheimer Society of Perth County will be hosting A Changing Melody learning and sharing forum at Bingemans in Kitchener on Wednesday, November 2, 2016.
Register by calling 1-866-317-6737 or register online at http://acm2016.ticketfi.com/
A Changing Melody is a forum planned by and for persons with dementia with support from their care partners. The forum is aimed at other persons living with dementia, their families, friends, professionals and students. It is an opportunity for people to learn and share collectively in a supportive and dementia-friendly environment. This year’s A Changing Melody will explore ways of “Moving On with My Life” after diagnosis, and will include:
· A panel of people living with dementia and care partners sharing their personal experiences
· Tips for living positively with dementia and moving on with life after diagnosis
· Live musical presentations and interactive performances
· Group dialogue, with an open mic session for question and answer
· A unique collection of art pieces created by artists with dementia.
Sponsored by Schlegel-UW Research Institute for Aging Schlegel Villages