The Dovercourt Park neighbourhood started as the Village of Dovercourt back in the 1870's. Dovercourt's first tenants were impoverished immigrants that came to Canada from England.
By 1884, there were a few dozen houses sprinkled throughout Dovercourt. Those first houses were one and two bedroom, tar and paper hovels.
The City of Toronto annexed the Village of Dovercourt in 1910. Annexation brought appropriate city services to Dovercourt which in turn helped to trigger the growth of this neighbourhood. Dovercourt Park was fully developed by 1923.