At Home On My Own
This Canadian Safety Council course gives you the tools and information you need to stay at home alone for short periods of time. The course is facilitated by Red Cross certified instructors from React Right Safety Services.
- Looking after the house key (make a key chain);
- Preparing healthy snacks;*
- Walking home;
- Appropriate activities when home alone;
- Electrical/fire safety;
- Basic First Aid; and
- Problem solving (e.g. house broken into, severe weather).
* Note: A healthy snack will be prepared. Please advise staff of any allergies at time of registration.
Presented in partnership with React Right Safety Services.
Advanced registration required; space is limited. Register online at www.clarington-library.on.ca/calendar, in person at any branch, or by phone at 905-623-7322 x2712.
Cost $49; includes participant manual. Intended for youth ages 10 to 12.