Richmond hill  ontario  1862

Rose Capital of Canada

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
The Town of Richmond Hill started out as a petite settlement located partially in the Township of Vaughan and somewhat...
Read more
Main street  newmarket  taken in 1856

Creating a New Market

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
Newmarket's point on the Holland River long ago made the area a dominant portage route of travel between Lake Ontario...
Read more
Ontario s old church  located at the intersections of fred varley drive and main street unionville.

Antiqueville

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
Unionville's name was borrowed from Ira White's Union Mills built in 1839, which in turn was titled for the Act...
Read more
Markham station resized

Mennonite Settlement

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
Old Markham Village was officially renamed in 1828, originally titled Reesorville and settled in 1825, established by Mennonites from Upstate...
Read more
Indian history

A Different George Hamilton

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
In pre-colonial times, the Neutral Indians used much of the land but were gradually driven out by the Five Nations...
Read more
John galloway house   4 david gohn circle markham

The HIgh-tech capital

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
The first European settlement in Markham developed when William Moll Berczy, a German artist and developer led a group German...
Read more
The old schomberg and aurora railway station station at oak ridges  pictured as a fish and chip restaurant in the 1950s.

The Rolling Hills of Schomberg

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
The village of Schomberg was established in 1830 and was initially known as Brownsville after the first landowners. By 1860...
Read more
St. mary s catholic church   cemetery  nobleton

The Local Tavern Keeper

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
The village takes its name from Joseph Noble, an early colonist of the town, and local tavern keeper. Nobleton was...
Read more
A woman is pumping water at a well in king city  ontario resized

Unification of diverse hamlets

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
In 1836, an agreement styled Springhill was established in King. With the arrival of the Ontario, Simcoe and Huron railway...
Read more
Museum 004  2

The First Settler: Armitage

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
The pioneer European to see The Township of King was Étienne Brûlé in 1615, while travelling the Toronto Carrying Place....
Read more
Sutton fair   early 1970s

A to L'phabetized' Streets

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
Sutton was in the olden days a village but is now part of the Town of Georgina after amalgamation with...
Read more
Gallery 892

a beautiful greensward

Posted on Oct 27, 2016
Pefferlaw was established in the late 1820s by Captain William Johnson; a British Naval Officer who was released from service...
Read more
279111 10150322347121694 704826693 9346357 3443377 o resized

Cottage Country

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
The land around Keswick's Roches Point was acquired by Major General Sir Peregrine Maitland in the early 1800's with belief...
Read more
Sutton mill hist

Protecting Toronto's Backyard

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
After the war of 1812, officials at York (Toronto) were uptight with guarding the city's "back door”. To deal with...
Read more
Danforth history

Toronto's Agora

Posted on Jan 29, 2016
Greektown is an area of east Toronto where a lot of the first Greek immigrants settled in the early 1900’s....
Read more

View all Real estate

Mercer island waterfront estate 1

May 2016: Massive Surge in Luxury Real Estate Demand in Georgina

Posted on Jun 9, 2016
Continuing the conclusions from last month’s report, higher-end and luxurious properties have played a consistent role in Georgina’s Spring Market....