This old unincorporated village was formerly a part of East Flamborough Township until it was annexed by the City of Burlington in 1962.
Aldershot, once called Burlington Plains, has a "fiercely independent spirit" and always maintained a quality of independence and individual identity.
About 1791, the Applegarth family arrived from England. William Applegarth likely exchanged the name to Aldershot. He had acquired a crown grant of land on the north shore of the Bay east of present-day La Salle Park Road.
When Alex Brown first moved to Burlington from Waterdown, he built Browns Wharf which was an effective export site for many of the local production mills.
The families that lived in the area during the early years now charm the street signs: Unsworth Avenue, King Road and Job’s Lane.