Acton Ontario from the Air. 1919
Acton was established in 1825 by the Rev. Ezra, Rev. Zenas and Rufus Adams.
Before it became accepted as Acton it went through two name changes Danville, Adamsville and completely in 1844 it was named Acton.
The Adams brothers were magnetized to Acton by the area which is now known as the Flour Mill.
The brothers damned the creek to build the Mill pond which was used to power their saw mill. The Mill pond called "Fairy Lake" surrounds Prospect Park today.
The tanning company opened in 1842 under Abraham Nelles and later bought by the Beardmore tanning company in 1844. This is how Acton maintained the name "Leathertown."
Acton was side of Esquesing Township until 1874 when it was incorporated as a village. The Town Hall was erected in 1882 for the municipal council, the constabulary and the fire brigade. In 1974 Acton became part of Halton Hills.